For people who live in small homes, square footage is at a premium. Declutter your world, making your home more comfortable and stress free. Maximizing living space for small homes starts with smart solutions.
BEST STORAGE TIPS FOR SMALL SPACES:
Tip One: Declutter, Donate, & Dump It
Start by decluttering your space. The truth is that we own many things that we probably only use a few times a year. Keep what you can’t part with, the rest should be donated to charity or sold at a garage sale.
Tip Two: Create Space By Going Vertical
Living in a small home means that there is limited floor space. Go vertical by utilizing the walls and ceiling.
- In studio apartments the kitchen must also function as the dining room. Stack crates or add open shelving to delineate the kitchen from the living room.
- Free up counter space in the kitchen by hanging your pots and pans from the ceiling.
- Space is always at a premium in the bedroom and the bathroom. Create shelves above your bed in place of a nightstand to create more space. Place shelves above the sink and toilet in the bathroom for towels and other health and beauty items.
Tip Three: Invest In Functional Furniture For Storage
Functional furniture helps create space by stowing away stuff that simply takes up too much space.
- Platform beds have drawers underneath that serve as a dresser for your clothes. A lamp with shelves.
- Stow away pretty much anything by placing stuff in baskets. These baskets can serve as foot stools or end tables. Or better yet stack baskets atop one another to create even more space in your home.
- Get a portable laptop desk.
- Find a coffee table with storage space underneath.
- Add a movable cart in the kitchen that serves as a workspace as well as a cabinet to store plates and other gadgets.
Tip Four: Rent a Self Storage Unit
You may find you simply don’t have the space for things that you value. Seasonal items such as Christmas decorations, and summer and winter clothes can take up a lot of space. Don’t stress, put your valuables in self storage. It’s a clean, convenient low cost solution that helps create more space in your home.
Tip Five: Make Decluttering & Organizing A Lifestyle
About Montgomery Self Storage
Montgomery Self Storage is your local neighborhood mom and pop self storage center. Making people’s lives easier for 15 years.
Montgomery Self Storage offers indoor and outdoor units. Book a unit online or give us a call. All Units are cleaned and ready for storage.
Montgomery Self Storage follows state and federal guidelines for social distancing and sanitation. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority.
Please stay safe during your move.
Montgomery Self Storage
9 Factory Street, Montgomery, NY 12549
Phone: (845) 457-6229