Why self storage for business?
Nowadays business is anything but, business as usual. Self storage is a sensible low cost solution for small businesses. There are lots of ways to use self storage for business.
TOP REASONS TO USE SELF STORAGE FOR BUSINESS
Storage Units Free Up Work Space
Small businesses that operate from home, quickly find that there is room for all the inventory and files that need storage space. Many expanding businesses run out of storage space and either need to find a larger space or put it in self storage.
Product overflow, unused furniture and other items not currently in use into storage can help to free up valuable space. Self storage t can help free up workspace, whether it’s a leased space or a private home.
Many Storage Space Sizes Available
Temporarily store office furniture and files in storage until your needs change or consider self storage as a low cost solution to acquiring a larger space. There are many storage unit sizes available to suit your needs. Storage facilities typically have no contracts so you can upgrade or downsize to another storage space based on the needs of your business.
Most Storage Units are Available 24/7, 365 Days a Year
Big or small, all businesses need access to inventory and documents. Most storage facilities offer access any time of day, any day of the week.
Renting a Storage Space is a Low Cost Solution
The price of a storage space is often a lot cheaper and easier than finding a whole new office space.
Keep Surplus Inventory In Storage
Inventory can take up a lot of space in your office. Business storage units provide an excellent solution for surplus inventory or storing necessary documents safely. ideal place to keep your inventory from cluttering up your office space.
- Many businesses often have peaks when demand for seasonal items is high. Off season items take up space, self storage can free up valuable space to meet the needs of your customers.
- Storage units are conveniently located near where you do business. Most units are drive up spaces so you can store and pick up inventory whenever there is a need.
- Many shops are going online and simply don’t need the space. Easily pick up or drop off inventory at your storage facility located nearby your home office. Staging inventory for delivery can improve efficiencies for many e-retailers with self storage.
- Mechanics, landscapers and construction contractors need to store all their equipment and tools. Self storage unit is the perfect solution to keep supplies in a convenient and secure location. Check with the facility manager about what is permitted and prohibited for storage at a facility.
- Realtors often stage homes with minimal furniture to make a home appealing for sale. Storage facilities offer the flexibility of securing many size units for short or long term.
- Self storage units are perfect for a business relocating to the area. Self storage is a low cost, clean solution to temporarily store inventory and office equipment.
Having extra storage space for your business will help better manage your day-to-day operations and streamline your process so that you business can continue to grow.
Store Financial, Legal and Tax Records in Storage
Although more and more of business documentation is digitized. Storage units are a great option for keeping your documents you don’t need every day safe and secure. Important documents, files of financial records, invoices and tax documents can be safely placed in storage units.
Many legal and medical professionals are required to keep hard copies of business documents for legal reasons. Sales receipts, customer records, and other documents can be stored long or short term in self storage.
When placing inventory or important documents into self storage, make sure to:
- Maintain detailed records of what is being stored. Include the quantity of items and where the items are located in the storage unit.
- Add tall shelving to make the most of your storage unit, that way you maximize your space.
- Store file containers and inventory on pallets to keep them off the ground to protect them from flooding.
- Place files and inventory accessed frequently near the front of your storage unit.
- Use air tight packing and make sure your documents and inventory are dry before storing.
Determine if your inventory requires a climate-controlled environment before selecting a facility. Not all storage facilities have climate controlled units, check what your needs are before you secure a storage unit.
With a range of different sized storage options and year round access available, Montgomery Self Storage has a solution for your small business needs. Montgomery Self Storage is a family run business with 24/7 video surveillance around the entire facility.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: No worries, call us to rent a unit. We’ll do everything over the phone. All Units are cleaned and ready for storage. Give us a call.
About Montgomery Self Storage
Please stay safe during your move. Montgomery Self Storage follows state and federal guidelines for social distancing and sanitation. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority. We clean each unit and sanitize all locks prior to renting our units.
Montgomery Self Storage can rent you a unit by leaving your lock and contract in your unit. Simply sign and drop off your papers and payment. We take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of everyone who rents a unit.
Montgomery Self Storage is a family run business. They are on the premises where your valuables are stored. They routinely look after your valuables and monitor the storage units with 24/7 security cameras.
Montgomery Self Storage offerings indoor and outdoor units. They are conveniently located right off of route 84 and route 17K just minutes from Stewart Airport in the village of Montgomery. The community is super safe as are your valuables.
Montgomery Self Storage
9 Factory Street, Montgomery, NY 12549