Create more space in your home to enjoy the ample and healthy light and space around you by placing your valuables in self storage.
As we begin to roll towards January, start to think of your New Year’s resolutions. Before setting your goals for the new year, give yourself a clean slate.
Get ready for the New Year with a clean, clutter-free space. Start organizing, cleaning and storing stuff that you don’t use of need.
Feel comfortable in your home place your belongings in storage that you do not need right now.
Make your environment productive and inspiring by freeing up some space. Don’t tolerate the stress of clutter and chaos.
Follow these super easy steps to decluttering your life with some helpful tips and advice from storage experts.
Take a look at your physical environment. Are there too many obstacles around the floor that make it difficult to navigate your way about the house? Not having enough space is contributing to the stress in your life.
Your home should be a peaceful retreat.
Sort your items into three piles. Use the three-box method to help you decide what items to keep, get rid of or put into storage. When getting rid of your items, decide what you can donate, sell or throw away.
Go through your clothes and be honest about what you don’t wear.
It’s common for the bedroom to become a dumping ground for laundry, unpacked bags and unopened mail.
Most people wear 20 percent of their clothes 80 percent of the time.
- Any clothes that no longer fit or haven’t been worn in the past year can go, which will help free up more space in the bedroom.
- If you have shoes that don’t fit, are too worn or you just never wear them, either donate to charity or throw away.
- Pack away out-of-season clothes.
Remove any unnecessary furniture.
Make your home look as clutter-free as possible, take a look at what unnecessary furniture you have and decide if you really need it. Freeing up floor space is a great way to make a room look and feel bigger.
Questions about storing for winter, give us a call and we will guide you in the right direction.
SELF STORAGE IS THE SMART SOLUTION
- Self storage can save you money, it’s cheaper than paying more rent for space that you don’t need. There are a wide variety of sizing options to find the perfect self storage unit for your needs.
- Storage units can be short or long term to fit your needs.
- Store and protect those precious memories and sentimental items.
- Store your items in a self-storage that is located conveniently near you.
Ready to store your clothes in self storage, let’s help you find the right storage size thats’ right for you. Read our Self Storage Size Guide.
Now that your home is all decluttered, start working on those goals for the new year!
About Montgomery Self Storage
Montgomery Self Storage is a family run business. They are on the premises where your valuables are stored. They routinely look after your valuables and monitor the storage units with 24/7 security cameras.
Montgomery Self Storage is safe offering indoor and outdoor units. They are conveniently located right off of route 84 and route 17K just minutes from Stewart Airport in the village of Montgomery. The community is super safe as are your valuables.