Spring is when we start cleaning up the house to get ready for summer. As you get cracking on those spring cleaning projects get rid of those things that needless fill up your home.
Simplify and declutter your life. Let go and store those precious belongings in self storage for free up space and reduce the stress in your life.
We’ve listed our tops tips for you to get going on those projects you put off till now.
Start Cleaning The Summer Stuff
- Sports equipment
- Patio furniture
Stow Away Your Winter Wear
Put away in a basement, attic or storage unit until next fall:
- Heavy outerwear
- Winter boots
- Winter sports gear
Switch Out Linens
- Stow away the heavy bedding, fuzzy throws and velvet pillows.
- Change up your window treatments in favor of a lighter, sheer material to let in more light.
Switch Out Your Wardrobe
The average person only wears 20% of the clothes in their closet on a regular basis. If you haven’t worn something for the past 6-12 months, get rid of it! Consider donating these clothes to a local Goodwill.
Spring Cleaning Tip:
Extend the lifetime of your mattress by cleaning and flipping it.
First, vacuum both sides of your mattress to remove any dust or debris. Then spot clean the mattress with a spray bottle mix of: 16 oz. hydrogen peroxide
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 drops of dish soap
Soak the mattress’s stained area with the mixture, and let it sit for 30-60 minutes before pressing it off with a clean towel.
Clean Out The Garage
- Stage everything from the garage to the driveway.
- Make three piles as you work: keep, toss, and recycle/donate.
- Now give the garage a thorough cleaning. Give the floor a good sweep and hose it down before moving items back in.
- Add shelves, cabinets, drawers, or containers designated to hold certain items.
- Plan out where you want to store certain groups of items before bringing the items back into the garage.
Self storage is great for stowing seasonal stuff, oversized family heirlooms, or things you don’t have space for. Renting a storage unit can simplify your life.
Spring cleaning makes everything look bright and shiny and helps you better manage life’s many challenges. Self Storage protects your valuables with clean, convenient and low cost solutions for your space needs.
About Montgomery Self Storage
Montgomery Self Storage is a family run business. They are on the premises where your valuables are stored. They routinely look after your valuables and monitor the storage units with 24/7 security cameras.
Montgomery Self Storage is safe offering indoor and outdoor units. They are conveniently located right off of route 84 and route 17K just minutes from Stewart Airport in the village of Montgomery. The community is super safe as are your valuables.